Minutes of the Patient Group Meeting held at Whitby Group Practice on Thursday 9th February 2017.
The following were present:
Jon Early (Group Manager)
Steve Bridge (Group Manager)
The meeting opened at 1.05 pm.
Jon Early (JE) welcomed everyone and thanked them for attending.
He welcomed Mr Steve Bridge who is the new Groups Practice Manager. At the moment he is going through his handover. Steve asked that the forum allow him to get his feet under the table and he will then look at proposing a strategy for the forum.
JE went through the minutes;
- The flu for next year will be of the more effective Quadrivailent type. This will cover more of the flu strains.
- It was explained that only patients called for a Health Check through the Local Enhanced Service will be screened at the practice. There are no plans at the moment to offer free general Health Checks to everyone.
JE then covered the following:
- Finances were still tight at the CCG, and practices were being asked to save money where possible.
- Practices were following a different pathway called ACCENDA to reduce the number of inappropriate referrals. All referrals where being looked at by a team at the Countess to assess if any of the referrals could be directed elsewhere.
- The practice should have in place by 1 March a new Text Messaging service. This would enable a much more advanced interaction by text between the practice and the patient.
- The car park is to have a considerable amount of work carried out starting in early March. This would include resurfacing and a review of the current traffic flow. There will regrettably be some disruption.
JE then asked for any questions from the members.
- CR asked about 10 minute appointments and were there plans to increase these. JE responded by saying the 10 min appointment was always a start point, and many patients end up having longer appointments where necessary.
- CR asked if there were any plans to offer mental health support services from the practice. JE responded by saying that there was no money or resources at the moment. All services were held centrally. The main concern was for Children’s Mental Health. JE spoke with a GP after the meeting and stated that children with possible issues were now being referred via the service working through local schools.
- JE was asked about the Dressing Clinic. He stated that there was a review at the moment with a proposal to carry out simple dressings in practice and the Dressing clinic to deal only with complex dressings.
There were no further business to discuss and the meeting closed at 2.10 pm
The next meeting with be Thursday 15th June 2017 at 1 pm.